Smoke Alarms Save Lives
The Rome-Floyd County Fire Department has partnered with The American Red Cross to supply smoke alarms to homes in the Rome and Floyd County community. Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries. If there is a fire in your home, smoke spreads fast and you need smoke alarms to give you time to get out.
Here's what you need to know:
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms.
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years.
In Need of Smoke Alarms?
The Rome-Floyd County Fire Department provides free smoke alarms.
For Free Smoke Alarms Call: 706-236-4500.